Thank you once again for being a speaker at the XXIV International Congress of the International Academy of Pathology (IAP).
Please record a Video Presentation following the instructions below. Please ensure the recording does not go over your allocated time as you will asked to re-record or will be cut off at your allocated time.
All video presentations much be submitted by the Friday 2 September 2022, 11:59pm (AEST).
STEP 1 - PREPARE FOR YOUR RECORDING
A. Download Zoom
- We ask that you please record your presentation using Zoom as if it is being presented live (Zoom can be downloaded free here).
- Using Zoom will allow you to share screen and sound, play videos and show PowerPoints in a consistent format to everyone else.
- Please ensure that your recording goes for no longer than allocated; if your recording is over the allocated time, the excess time will be cut off. You will have a few minutes of live question and answer time with the audience after your video is played.
B. Check your sound
- Use a dedicate microphone if available to enhance audio quality.
- Try your best to speak slowly and clearly.
- The small microphone on the bottom left-hand side of your Zoom screen controls your microphone audio; this will flicker green when it picks up sound. Ensure that it is picking up your audio before you begin your recording. Additionally, remove or minimise background noise as this is disruptive.
C. Check your video
- Dress and present yourself as if you were attending in-person and be mindful of what’s in your background. Check for some framing and technical tips and tricks at the end of this document.
- The small camera icon on the bottom left-hand side of your Zoom screen controls your device camera. Please ensure that you do not have your camera covered and are centred in the frame before you begin recording.
D. Show your slides using share screen
- Visual aids like PowerPoint slides re great within your video presentation.
- You can start your recording with or without your slides showing but before recording,
ensure your slides are already open on your computer in Slideshow mode.
- When you are ready to share your slides, press the ‘Share Screen’ button located in the bottom centre of
your Zoom screen. Then select the screen containing your slides and press ‘Share’, as below:
- Once you have finished (this may be at the end of your presentation or when you no longer need them) simply press the ‘Stop Share’ button that appears along the top of the screen:
E. Change your video settings to capture your screen share
- It’s important to see your face AND the slide in the video. To enable this, click on the small arrow next to the Stop Video button to access video settings. Once open, move to the recording tab on the left navigational bar.
- Ensure the two options shown below are ticked so that your face will record side-by-side to your shared screen. This is very important to ensure your face and video are both shown during your presentation.
STEP 2 - RECORD YOUR VIDEO PRESENTATION
- Once you’ve completed step 1 and you feel comfortable to begin recording, press the ‘Record’
button on the bottom right-hand side of your Zoom screen.
- Once clicked it will automatically begin to record whatever is showing on your Zoom screen (just your camera, or camera and slides etc).
- Once you have completed your presentation, press the ‘Pause/ Stop Recording’ button, which will be in the same location as the initial ‘Record’ button was.
- Then close the Zoom window completely and it will automatically begin ‘Converting’ and ‘Saving’ your file on your local desktop, as below:
- Once it is finalised, the recording folder will automatically open (please note: the file will be titled ‘zoom_number’). We recommend that you copy and paste the file to your desktop at this stage, as this will make it easier to locate again in future.
- Edit the video if required to ensure it is a maximum of your allocated time.
- Please note: if your submitted video goes over the allocated time you will be asked to re-submit or will be cut to the allocated time.
STEP 3 - SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO PRESENTATION
Once finished with your video, please rename the file as:
- FirstNameLastName _Paper Title(e.g. GlennSmith_Pathology Update)
Virtual Invited Speakers:
Upload the video file directly into this Presentation Folder by 23:59 (AEST) on Friday 2 September 2022.
Virtual Oral Abstracts
Upload the video file directly into this Presentation Folder by 23:59 (AEST) on Friday 2 September 2022
Please submit your presentation recording by the 2 September 2022, 11:59pm (AEST).
Any submissions that do not make this deadline will risk being removed from the program.
If you have any questions on your recording or submitting your presentation, please contact email@example.com and the team will be happy to assist you.