The Local Organising Committee invites prospective authors to submit an abstracts for the XXXIV International Congress of the International Academy of Pathology 2022, to be held virtually and in-person. Oral and Poster abstract submission can be made via the Abstract Submission Portal below.
All abstracts must follow the instructions listed below and be submitted online by midnight AEDT 8 April 2022. You will be notified by 16 May 2022 whether your abstract has been accepted. Please note that all presenters must pay to register for the Congress by 30 May 2022. Registration payment not received by this date will result in presenters being withdrawn.
All enquiries regarding abstracts for IAP 2022 should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Submission Details and Guidelines
- Abstracts must be submitted using the using the headings Background, Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusion to be considered by the Committee.
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Multiple abstract submissions are permitted.
- Notifications will be emailed only to the submitting author.
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words (excluding the title, authors and affiliations).
- Abstracts must be submitted in word document only, using the IAP 2022 template
- Only original scientific material which has not been previously published or presented at the meeting will be accepted.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar.
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted by midnight AEDT, 8 April 2022 for consideration by the Committee. Authors will be notified of abstract acceptance by 16 May 2022.
Abstract Submission Template
Please find below the IAP 2022 Poster Abstract Submission Template. You are required to use the below template and will be able to upload the word document during the submission process.
Oral presentations have the option to either present in-person or virtually. Poster presentations can only be submitted for virtual presentation.
If you are submitting an oral abstract, there are three options for you to choose from:
- You would prefer an oral virtual presentation as part of the virtual program that will be held from 11-12 October 2022
- You would prefer an oral in-person presentation as part of the in person program that will be held from 13-15 October 2022
- You are happy with either an oral or in person presentation on the above dates
Please note, the committee will make the final decision and once you have been accepted to present in-person or virtually this cannot be changed as this will affect the program structure.
IAP 2022 Committee warmly invites you to submit an abstract under one of the below themes:
- Autopsy (Forensic) pathology
- Breast pathology
- Cardiovascular pathology
- Digital & Quantitative Pathology & Computer information technology
- Education in Pathology
- Electron Microscopy
- Endocrine pathology
- Gastroenterology pathology
- Gynaecological pathology
- Head and Neck pathology
- Hepatopancreatic pathology
- History of Pathology
- Mediastinal pathology
- Molecular pathology
- Ophthalmic pathology
- Paediatric and Perinatal pathology
- Pathology in Developing Countries
- Pathology of Infectious Diseases
- Pulmonary pathology
- Quality Assurance
- Renal/ Nephropathology
- Soft Tissue and Bone Pathology
- Trainees in pathology
During the abstract submission process you will be required to provide;
- Title of abstract
- Abstract Theme
- Full contact details of all authors – including their affiliations
- Presentation Type
- Abstract document (a maximum of 300 words)
- Author Biography
Once you have submitted your abstract, you will receive an automated submission successful email.
Publishing of Abstracts
Accepted abstracts will be published in a special issue of Histopathology in 2022
Speaker Consent Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following terms and conditions for participation IAP 2022:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlined on the IAP 2022 Website.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for IAP 2022.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The presenting author is available to present virtually or in-person at the Congress.
- The presenting author must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the abstract review outcome email. If they do not register and pay in full, the abstract will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The presenting author has obtained permission from all authors to submit the abstract to IAP 2022.
- The text of the abstract, along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested, may be published on the meeting website, in the Journal of Pathology and on the Congress Virtual Platform, and this will not raise any copyright issues.
- All grammar/content has been checked and the submitter acknowledges that the abstract if published in the Journal of Pathology and on the website and/or Congress Virtual Platform will appear as submitted.
- A submission as a particular presentation type (oral or poster) or theme may be changed to a different type/theme following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the meeting.
- IAP 2022 reserves the right to remove from any publication any abstract that does not comply with the above.